Serena Williams – arguably the best female tennis player to have ever played the game, at least measured by Grand Slam titles – has bought a Bored Ape NFT.
- Serena Williams is one of the most influential tennis players of the open era, having won a total of 23 Grand Slam titles in her career up to date.
- It appears, though, that she is also an avid enthusiast of non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Her current Twitter profile picture is a pixelated Crypto Punk-inspired display.
- The athlete has just posted, however, a Bored Ape NFT from the Bored Ape Yacht Club collection, indicating that she’s the latest celebrity to join this exclusive club.
- This is what her ape looks like:
- It appears that Alexis Ohanian – the founder of Reddit – is the one who gifted Williams the NFT.
- Commenting below the post, Ohanian said:
First I get you the SerenaPunk, now I get the pink ape you wanted… you realize I’m only gifting you NFTs from now on, right?
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 25% off trading fees.