Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) non-fungible NFT collection continues to see increased demand, with the latest example recently sold at a value of over $2.8 million.
- On the night of January 30, 2022, Bored Ape #232 was sold for a whopping 1080.69 ETH ($2.85 million). The sale happened on the NFT marketplace – LooksRare.
- The features of the purchased Ape NFT include an army green background, a seaman’s hat, sleepy eyes, a smoking jacket, a clean bored mouth, solid gold fur, and sleepy eyes, making it one of the very rare NFTs in the collection.
- While the Ape NFT is not the largest sale in terms of dollar value due to the current price of ETH, it is the highest four-digit ETH sale for the price of a single one. Meanwhile, the floor price for the collection is 118.99 eth at the time of writing.
- The hype around the BAYC NFT collection continues to rise, with many celebrities also joining the club. Female tennis star Serena Williams recently displayed her pink bored ape on her Twitter handle.
- Other superstars who own Bored Ape NFTs include Justin Bieber, legendary rapper Eminem, popular footballer Neymar Jr., NBA champion Stephen Curry, among others.
- Meanwhile, as earlier reported by CryptoPotato, holders of the Bored Ape NFT on the leading NFT marketplace OpenSea, were targets of an attack on the platform.
- The hacker took advantage of an exploit on OpenSea’s front end to steal $750,000 worth of ETH. Another report noted that a BAYC member lost their NFT after a hacker purchased it for 92% less than the floor value of the collection at the time.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 25% off trading fees.