In yet another breach, 32 non-fungible tokens were stolen because the Discord servers of the Bored Ape Yacht Club and OtherSide were compromised.
- Earlier today, the Discord servers of the Bored Ape Yacht Club and OtherSide were compromised.
- The community manager going by the Twitter handle BorisVagner had his account hacked, which enabled scammers to execute a phishing attack, leading users to a fake website under the premise of a giveaway exclusive to BAYC, MAYC, and OtherSide holders.
- The link was malicious, and those who used it reportedly saw their NFTs drained. The total value of the stolen tokens amounted to 145 ETH.
- PeckShield later revealed that the scam saw 32 NFTs stolen. These included 1 BAYC, 2 MAYC, 5 Otherdeeds, and 1 BAKC.
#PeckShieldAlert ~32 NFTs were stolen, including 1 #BAYC, 2 #MAYC, 5 #Otherdeed, 1 #BAKC pic.twitter.com/mPdRSnL0qJ
— PeckShieldAlert (@PeckShieldAlert) June 4, 2022
- Unfortunately, this is far from being the first time BAYC holders fall for phishing scams.
- Earlier in April, CryptoPotato reported that the company’s Instagram account got hacked, which resulted in a loss of around $2.7 million worth of NFTs.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.